Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stuff to Post While I Gear Up To Write Some More

High keening and whining sounds from outside. I open the window. It's from down in the creek bed, along with yip yip yips and a rough dysphonius barking. The gang is passing through. I wonder what ever became of our beautiful cat Jet, Lucky's mother, who walked away one year. Used to see her hiding in the weeds now and then.

* * *

I was sitting comfortably in the men's room today when someone dashed into the next stall and made unhappy sounds while dumping about three buckets' worth of leftovers into the toilet. And then did it again. Didn't bother me at all. I am so glad I raised children.

* * *

One of my writing locations.

The table is my fave. It was my grandfather's typewriter table. He kept it out in his office when he was foreman on a farm during the Depression. Before the crash he was a newspaperman -- maybe that's where he got it, I don't know.


Zooming in on the nifty sticker a NaNoWriMo Municipal Liaison gave me ...

11 comments:

Teacake said...

Digging the table, but, you seriously stuck a sticker to your laptop?

Don said...

Yuh, wull, it was like a present. I had to do *something* with it. And I can't put it on the outside cause then they'll know during meetings that I'm not paying attention.

Paula said...

I have such a headache today. I hope I can write at w*rk as I've been doing. If I only had a sticker, I'm sure I could be more motivated...

Teacake said...

They sent out a few stickers last year when you donated (they didn't do that this year, the cheapskates) and I stuck mine on the folder I keep my notes in.

Don said...

You keep notes?

Jodie Kash said...

I need to find a spot away from corporate writing for Jodie writing. Probably up in the bedroom. After checking Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn and the places all the cool kids go, hope to find a groovy side table or makeup vanity at the flea market.

msb said...

a lefty

Teacake said...

You keep notes?

Not this year, and I'll tell ya, it is so not working out >:-(

Harry said...

Where oh where does one read your NaNoWriMo stuff? Or does it just exist in the ether, unreachable by anyone?

Don said...

No one reads it, are you kidding? It's crap. I mean, I don't have time to reread it, but it must be crap. Multiple rewrites will be needed before it passes before another eye. And that is an awful lot of work.

Anonymous said...

порно школьницы молоденькие http://free-3x.com/ молоденькая онлайн порно free-3x.com/ порно фото училок во весь экран [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]