Saturday, November 08, 2008

So Then What

I haven't had a lot of time but that isn't really my excuse for falling behind. I was wondering why I am so unable to go forward and then suddenly I realized: My story idea, the thing I'm trying to write, bores me. To death. I'm just not interested. So I guess the trick is to make a change so that I get interested. Nothing comes to mind. (Reading bores me too. Everything does. I know the problem but this blog is not the place for explicating the truth.)

7 comments:

Paula said...

You seem to be interested in history, so make an old historical character arrive from an alternate universe to shake things up. Or have your peeps go back in time to a political/historical event. Then it can all be a dream if you don't want your narrative to get too woo-woo. I've decided to embrace the woo-woo and not even explain how it gets in there.

Teacake said...

I agree with Miz UV. Have something completely different and unexpected get thrown in there and go with that. Turn it into a thriller, or a sci-fi. The time travel idea is cool. Or else aliens, or a dead body in the kitchen when they get home. Oh! NAPOLEAN's dead body in the kitchen when they get home! Explain THAT!

Sal said...

Main character decides to drink gin and tequila mixed together and discovers he can mind meld.

Jodie Kash said...

I say a steamy, bare-chested, pulsating romance novel.

Don said...

I have the overall plot, it's subplots I was running dry on. Jodie's got the right idea for an upcoming part of it. Napoleon and other unexpected time travelers could happen, you never know, it's out in the desert, anything's possible. I like Sal's idea too only this is supposed to be fiction, not autobiography.

Over 3k words today, now I'm only one day behind. Good but it's no time to back off the pressure.

Jodie Kash said...

I can read your saucy mind, and one can never go wrong with steamy, bare-chested and pulsating.

msb said...

i like that mind meld thing but... glad your on the ball Don. Maybe next year for me.