Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crossroads

Taking a break from writing, cruising Burning Man pics at Flickr. Found a piece of home.

The blue thing is the Exploratorium, a mobile dance floor complete with stripper pole and quadruple propane-powered flame jets. I cannot describe how fun it is to cruise around that dusty adult theme park in that thing in the middle of the night. (Under the floor are the functional remains of a Japanese pickup truck.)

It sits at the corner of 7:30 and Bonneville. The prairie schooner is across the intersection. Somewhere under all that wood it's motivated by a large pickup.

The girl is carrying ice and her outfit reminds me why I want to go back.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Didn't write this morning before work. Giant headache. Maybe I'll get motivated later. I'm actually surprised I've gotten this far cuz I didn't expect to with short stories.

Anne said...

great photo. i'm really excited about 2009. have been in touch with my friend in santa cruz and am already preparing. how many days were you two there?

Don said...

We were there the entire time: Monday to Monday.

This pic must have been taken during that quiet time when half the population is taking their afternoon nap.

I set my NaNo story there -- dredging up much memory, scenery, mood. I think maybe my second trip will cement the rewrite.