Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obamanic Relations

According to genealogical research summarized here, our President-elect is distantly related to the following people. It all goes to show if we all had professional genealogists tracing connections, we’d realize we are all FAMILY.
LBJMariel HemingwayCharles Addams
John SteinbeckChristopher ReeveBrad Pitt
Howard DeanSarah PalinJimmy Carter
Katharine HepburnKen KeseyHarry Truman
Dick CheneyRobert DuvallSenator Byrd
J.P. MorganJohn HinckleyGeorge W. Bush
Gordon HinckleyGeneral LongstreetWoodrow Wilson
Birch BayhJonBenet RamseyGeorgia O’Keeffe
Gerry FordJustin TimberlakeJohn Glenn
Lon ChaneyWinston ChurchillJames Madison
Robert E. Lee

And all this just from his mother's side.

I only put names of people I’ve heard of, and I put them as I know them.


Yeah, I know, finding all these links was a terrible waste of precious NaNo time. Sue me.

7 comments:

Sal said...

Fun. Love this stuff. Unfortunately, all too often, people make a leap and screw up the ancestry.

Cautions aside, this was a fun bit.

AJ said...

This is just wild. I would so love to do this with my own ancestry.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that I'd like to also,but I'm afraid to find out if I'm related to Bush or Cheney.

Jodie Kash said...

How far branched out from the ancestry tree is safe for dating and casual sex?

This gives me pause.

Don said...

Oh, I'd say 2nd cousins are fine, unless you want to breed, then maybe 3rd or 4th. These are all like 7th, 9th, 12th cousins to BHO. So go do it. Who knows, maybe when we feel that special chemistry, it's really just a family feeling. :)

Harry said...

Aye, and he might even be related to me because his great granddaddy was a Kearney, from Moneygall in County Offaly. My folks came from just a little west of there.

JD said...

I just found out my beloved brother-in-law is related to PAT BUCHANAN; haven't been able to look at him without a little bit of a stinkeye ever since.