Honestly. Though I voted McCain, and regard Obama as a politician first, a leader second, and a man of conscience somewhere out beyond third, he's brilliant, he's young, he's historic, and by the time I was home watching returns I was hoping he'd win.
“Marvin ... What do we do now?” -- Bill McKay
Enjoy the honeymoon -- interesting times ahead, as always, especially when he returns to the values he strayed from to win this thing. Congratulations President Obama!
7 comments:
It was pretty exciting, I must admit. Miz 15 is really into it, which is neat to see. At her age, I didn't give a shit.
But I'ms still waiting for the Prop 8 results...
"when he returns to the values he strayed from to win this thing"
I'm counting on it. Your saving grace: (likely) no Senate supermajority.
Re Prop 8, Channel 3 has an updating status thing. At this moment it looks not good.
I'm going to bed muchmuchmuch happier, content and optimistic than I did four years ago.
But please, no more Oprah.
wow. i'm surprised~i thought you were going for o. you're still pretty damn cool, though.
watch and wait...
Hee. You and me and MizUV all said pretty much the same thing. It's nice to see the country engergized anyway. Optimism is good.
I still don't get how you can view Obama as a politician first, and vote for McCain over him given that McCain betrayed the image of himself he'd carefully crafted by running the kind of campaign he did. If you think Obama's conscience is somewhere out beyond third, how do you view McCain's?
Post a Comment