I thought about going to a kickoff party and thought about not going, and going, and not going, and didn't go because my Miz started watching a scary movie on FX and I couldn't leave her like that in a big empty house and anyway I wanted to see how it turned out. I didn't know anyone at the party I didn't go to. Someone threw his house open to the internet in honor of NaNoWriMo and I thought, why not, maybe it would be inspiring. Or an off the cuff social exercise. Something. But moot, now.
At midnight my son and I were browsing university web sites but then he went to bed and I looked at my laptop and it looked at me and we agreed I hadn't given any serious thought at all to this thing. But that doesn't really matter. In most novels you just follow someone around doing their life and things happen and because it's a novel they are novel things and off you go. So I just did a little of that and can now go to bed where I freaking belong. [625]
p.s. - The blue widget is supposed to have my NaNo username where it says "Participant" and my wordcount where it says "0". Web technology bah.
3 comments:
Well, here I am, five ayem and change. Feel like crap. Had an awful, yet oddly cathartic day yesterday, and no words in my head anymore.
Except Penelope.
I think the widget is starting to work now, kind of.
I can't see myself attending local events. All those strangers in one place!
And MizUV, hope your weekend gets better from here.
Thx. I'm at 1059 right now, just babbling a bunch of crap. But it's story-ish, not shopping list-ish, so that's good.
Post a Comment