Monday, November 03, 2008

Spirits

Election Eve

Tonight is the crest
From now through tomorrow the roller coaster will be in freefall
Our breath will be taken as gravity recedes
And finally late in the night when the results are called
We’ll come to rest


In the new dawn’s early light, expect nothing. Whatever the results, they don’t change what you can do. Rely on yourself and on the community you build. As a favorite philosopher sings:
There is no political solution
To our troubled evolution
Have no faith in constitution
There is no bloody revolution

3 comments:

Teacake said...

Any post that quotes Sting gets a thumbs up from me.

I don't get the sense this election will be close. No Supreme Court battles this time (I hope). I think we'll know by the time we go to bed.

Jodie Kash said...

Spirits as in alcohol? I vote for that.

Paula said...

I can't write...too glued to the news. It's pretty damn exciting! (Even for someone who wasn't all hyped up about the big O.)