Sunday, November 09, 2008

15004

An all-day slog. Some of it was enjoyable creativity, some of it just work. Sometimes you get to paint the model, sometimes you have to work on the background. Twice this weekend I went to meet other afflicted souls at local coffee shops, group meetings arranged through the website forum. Shared tables, drank mocha (my fave cause I've no pretension to maturity), made humorous cracks as appropriate. They were nice folks and to be in the company of people typing madly away was helpful for my focus and attention issues. All right, my shitty discipline, if you don't like me trying to sound all clinical about it.

How goes it? The plot thickens. It's terrible because I've neither read about nor experienced the situation I'm creating, but so what. A more realistic cast can be cast in when folded and refried later. Meanwhile I am exactly on schedule, which means I'll be way behind by the weekend. Par for the course.

3 comments:

Teacake said...

I've never been to one of those coffee shop meetings, cause of the stranger danger, but we do have a WoW guild of NaNoers so I do virtual coffee breaks from time to time. I am the dorkiest, aren't I? Say, can I borrow a subplot?

Paula said...

I'd go to an OC meeting, if I had some idea it wouldn't be populated only with college students in their 20s. I don't wanna be the mom!

I didn't write more yesterday. I was just tapped out. We'll see how today goes, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up way short.

Unknown said...

Things are going slow for me so far. I was doing it a bit faster last year. Not sure if I'll make the finish line.
I went to one write-a-thon and one post NaNo meeting last year. They were fun but I didn't make any lasting contacts. Not sure if I'll have the time this year.