Friday, September 28, 2007

Think Of It As Sharing

More pictures. I've got a million of 'em. Every time I press the shutter I'm thinking of something, a story, a connection, a weird thought, something. Of course all of that is long forgotten. But the pictures remain, and I want to share. It's like putting a bowl of stale crackers on a table at work. Maybe no one will take any, but somehow putting them out there is enough. And think, even if it seems like it, you're really not trapped in my living room in front of a projector screen with a warm beer and a napkin full of stale crackers.

Horny guy

Stylish sheep constraints

Weird guy walking weird

R/C feedwagon

Baby piggies!

Sac's finest

Lego golden bear

Fine art

Wine art

Night vision

I want that one

We've been a great audience, thank us very much!

All this at the State Fair.

4 comments:

Roy said...

I think "night vision" is a really cool shot. Something strange is going on with the cars and that middle light fixture.

Roy said...

Sac's Finest is funny, to me, because it reminds me of the incident involving the Independence, MO, cop eating the Hi-Boy Burger in the front seat of his squad car. It was not pretty. But it was funny. If I had had a camera then, you're thinking, I would have a really funny picture, but instead I would have probably wound up in jail that day.

Don said...

In "night vision" the little gondola things are actually decorations on the light fixture. I waited until just the right moment to get the illusion of them being part of the gondola ride. As for the cop, I don't know if he was part of an undercover drug gang unit getting some extra hours at the Fair, or if he was a drug gang member going undercover as a cop to get some extra hours at the Fair. Either way, good tortilla soup.

asha said...

Oh for the day when humans respect all life forms.

What's up with that sheep torture? Really disturbing.
The Long Horn doesn't look to happy either and that "Baby Piggies" photo is very sad. Their mother is imprisoned in a "gestation crate" where she can not even roll over for her entire life and her babies have to nurse through the bars. Also, they all live on cold metal mesh and die in a horrible manner. Just sayin'...

The good news is, they are slowly being phased out.

Anyway, you might guess, I'm not much for State Fairs and hate rodeos.

But, aside from all that, thanks for the photos. They are well done and thought provoking and the Lego Bear is a gas.